Commerce Boulevard Christian Church
Tunica, MS 38676
2906 Casino Strip Resorts Blvd
Robinsonville, MS 38664
|Have Inquiries? Email us
See us on
|Commerce Boulevard Christian Church
One Church. One Body. One Goal.
Like us on
to when the original church was destroyed in a tornado in 1955. The Lord placed it upon the heart of a man who
saw the need for God’s people to have a place to worship. The new building, built in April 1956 for the Commerce
Community, is still standing and is known as the Youth Center. That particular building was dedicated to God with
a special ceremony before friends, neighbors, and love ones.
Today and forever, we thank God for the Late Mr. S. R. Leatherman who had a heart of love to rebuild the church
building for worship for the people who survived the storm and remained in the community. Many generations
today continue to follow his footsteps by supporting the church and its goal and vision.
There lay a corner stone in the Youth Center to represent the foundation of a church and community that will
always be as one. The original Deacons' names on this cornerstone are: Deacon H. O. Williams, Deacon M.
Bradley, Deacon R. L. Windum, Deacon Henry Naylor, Deacon B.T. Ivory, Deacon Willie Marbley, and Deacon R.
Deacon Edward Hubbard. It was through this ministry that the Community Outreach ministries were established. These Outreach ministries
include the Tunica County Jail and Tunica Convalescent Center (Tunica Nursing Home). A major accomplishment was made on July 4, 1999,
when the Commerce Baptist Church went to full-time ministry having worship service every Sunday. Our services have extremely expanded since
that time. In March 2000, we adopted Casual & Youth Sunday, the 3rd Sunday in the month. In July 2000, Deacon Edward Hubbard established
our Brotherhood Sunday, which is the 4th Sunday in every month. In December 2003, Minister Evelyn Hubbard was elected the First Female
Pastor in the County and officially installed in February 2004. "Jamming for Jesus," our youth bible ministry, was established in October 2004.
The Commerce Church Family saw that we were heading for a higher direction and a vision had been given to our Pastor. It was time to let things
of the past go and for all things to become new. The Lord gave our Pastor the vision of a new name for the church. In December 2004, the
church family agreed to change the name to COMMERCE BOULEVARD CHRISTIAN CHURCH. The church made a milestone when we built this
new edifice in 2005 and dedicated the building to God on September 4, 2005. In January 2008, we started the Children’s Church Ministry that is
held in the Youth Center on Sundays. This resulted from the increase of children attending Morning Worship Services. In August 2008, we
instituted the After School Program for children in the community. In February 2009, the church started a Health & Wellness Ministry. In addition
to the ministries, we have the Bus Ministry, CD Ministry, Couples and Singles Ministry, Health Moments, Vacation Bible School (annually), Boys to
Men Ministry, and participation with the Tunica Ten Point Coalition. On February 3, 2013, CBCC decided to broaden the ministry from a more
global perspective and launched their website, www.commerceblvd.org.
The Lord has once again giving us dedicated Deaconate Staff, who are faithfully carrying on the mission. These men of God are:
Deacon Walter West, Deacon Roy Lee Holmes, Deacon Albert Pearson, Deacon James Butts, Deacon Willie Jones, Deacon John Hines, and
Deacon Rodney McKay. In the year of our Lord 2008, God removed one of our Devoted Deacons, which was Deacon Edward Hubbard. Deacon
Hubbard is greatly missed. We are blessed to have a dedicated Deaconess Staff who are faithful. These women of God are: Sis Luella
Anderson, Sis. Obbie Butts, Sis Brenda McKay, and Sis. Bessie Pearson. Our Motherboard consists of Mother Katie Richardson, Mother Laurine
Bridges, Mother Willie Lee Coffer, Mother Maella Carr, and Mother Dorothy West.
The Leadership for the Commerce Baptist Church has consisted of five Pastors over 59 years. They were as follows:
1956-1971 Rev. W. H. Walker
1971-1985 Rev. A.B. Triplett
1985-1997 Rev. John Eddie Taylor
1997-2003 Rev. Richard Gates
2003-present Pastor Evelyn W. Hubbard
The CBCC family continues to support the community in many different capacities. We are truly grateful to God for blessing us and using us as a
Light for The World.